THANK YOU ALL MAD 9 VOLUNTEERS!

General Topics

THANK YOU ALL MAD 9 VOLUNTEERS!

Postby ScottK » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Well folks, MAD 9 is in the books and thanks to you all and many more, it went as smooth as possible. A few hiccups here and there, but having experienced people really pays off as you can adjust on the fly and make out like nothing ever happened.

I had to leave a little early due to my Daughter giving birth to my first Grandson, but got to the hospital just in the knick of time to be there for the birth! Thanks to all those on Boat Commitee who pulled together on the docks for the great effort, we have some amazing teams here at MAD, including the awesome HOBO Junction team, Site, Family Activities, Fundraising....and everybody who helps, a big thank you to the fish cleaners, they really got slammed but got it done!

The land based activities went very well, with dozens of families enjoying the boat rides, family fishing trips, Spike the USMC mascot dog, all the music, food, food and more food! Bouce houses and dunk tanks were a hit, and the weather was perfect.

We did have one US Marine get injured on an offshore center console, ending up with three broken ribs due to a fall after a slip when a wave hit. Follow up says he is doing OK, really sore with a few muscle spasms, only request was a picture of the fish.

All boats went away with almost full capacity, all standby's that wanted a boat were successfully placed. My rough total says we had 100 Troop fishing volunteer boats, 6 tour boats, 3 Carrot Island boats, two head boats and 505 Troops fishing! The second largest MAD event ever!

Thank you all for making Military Appreciation Day the biggest Take the Troops fishing event EVER!!! :flag
Cobia 244 ~ Twin F115's
Through history few have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
ScottK
Admiral

Re: THANK YOU ALL MAD 9 VOLUNTEERS!

Postby DGray47582 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:57 am

We certainly had a great time... lots of fun with the families. We had several booths on Evans street including a young character artist who had a hard time with the demand but was one of the last ones to tear down at the end of the day. We enjoyed Ronald McDonald and Spike as they made their rounds. Music by Bryan Mayer and Major Dave was great. The Young Marines from Cherry Point presented colors. I wont start by naming everyone but I will name a couple Ladies that did keep things working.... Tina or is that an e and Janet.... thanks we have a cracker jack crew when it comes to snow cones and cotton candy also thanks
DGray47582
Admiral

Postby Mrs.Bubba » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:31 am

A great time was had by all. Thanks everyone on all committee volunteers that made MAD 9 MHC a fantastic year! :salute: The Hobo Junction crew are tops and what a job they did! Guys you are the best. Many, many thanks for all that you do.
All those that came and worked effortlessly I am in awe and thank you for another great year.I saw nothing but smiles on all the faces of the families and troops. Even our one guy with broken ribs came back and hung out with the cooks, he said he was not going to miss the food or his fish. Got to love it!

Stuart many thanks for towing the battlewagon. :salute:

Hey y'all, look up :shock: Next event is in 82 days! And.....Southport is right behind them :yahoo: September will be here before we know it.
"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
Mrs.Bubba
Admiral

Postby WHATEVER » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am

Awesome Job as usual ! :salute: :flag Next Stop Hampton, VA... :salute: :flag :flag
Hector Reyes
President Delaware Chapter
https://www.facebook.com/maddelaware?ref=hl
WHATEVER
Admiral

Postby tlpblessed » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:26 am

Hey y'all!

I agree with each one these posts and what a great day MAD 9 was!!!..WOW!!..LOVE these MAD folks!!!!...many, many thanks to each and every one of the volunteers who made this day so spectacular. Even with the 'hiccups' that Scott mentioned, we always pull together and make it a great day for the heroes and their loved ones!..Like Don said, I cant begin to name each one there's not enough time in the day, but a huge shout out to my sidekick Becky and the Family Boat ride Van drivers/volunteers; Richard and of course Julie and Billy also!..It's one of those 'best tired' that you love to have!.. :yahoo:

Food and beverage out done themselves once again! Many thanks to Bubba, Donna and the Hobo Junction!!!

The best part of all was the smiles and laughter that was shared through out the day and the many thank you's that I was able to convey to the heroes!!! :salute:

Cant wait until next year!!!

PS..glad you left in time to be there for your grandson's grand entrance Scott, ya knew this MAD crew would have your back!.. what a special and memorable day for you, MAD, your special grandbaby and your daughters' bday!!!!! Congrats again Scott! :grin:

:flag :flag
[color=#8000BF]HUG a United States Hero today[/color]
tlpblessed
Admiral

Postby stubby » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:29 pm

From what we've heard you guys put on one heck of an event. Everyone involved should be proud of the effort and I'm sure the Military folks who participated have memories to last a lifetime. Sorry for the one Marine who broke a couple of ribs and hopefully he got the picture he was looking fore.

For those of us on the Virginia Committee we can only hope to come close to be as well organized as your event. Congratulations on all involved in the MAD 9 event.
stubby
Captain

Return to General Chat