still grinnin'

General Topics

still grinnin'

Postby res0aon5 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 am

After a not so wonderful start of the Year ending in 13 had a great Day on June 1st, got a good fish on the boat just at the end of fishing, the fish came with lots of grins on the boat. Got rid of my sea legs, but cannot seem to shake the grin. Don't Ya' Just Love It. Already thinkin on finding me some troops to go with me after some big reds in The Pamlico later in the season. Anyone know when is the best time to start out for those big reds, so can make plans to go up the canal and hang a right at Oriental. Anyone done it beofre that could share? , Still Grinning Steve,
Steve Johnson
Pursuit 2470 WA
Atlantic Beach, NC
res0aon5
First Mate

Re: still grinnin'

Postby dontcatchmany » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:59 am

People still ask me why we do MAD....."What is your agenda?"

Some folks find it hard to conceive of a group of folks whose only Agenda is One, Simple, THANKS!

They ask what do you want out of it.

I can only tell them that the smiles we see are our reward....and it is paid in plenty :grin:
One, Simple, Thanks!
dontcatchmany
Admiral

Postby ScottK » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks Steve you all had a great day that is for sure. Got your email and I am looking forward to the Johnson fleet arriving in force next year, it's going to be another great event, even bigger than this one!
Cobia 244 ~ Twin F115's
Through history few have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
ScottK
Admiral

Postby piratesaboard » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 am

Plan your old drum adventure in the Pamlico / Oriental area any time between mid-August to end of Sept. That's typically the safest range of dates to have the best chance. :good: See Capt. Dave Stewart of Minnesott B&T for your fresh mullet, call him ahead.
piratesaboard
First Mate

Postby res0aon5 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks for the info., I'll be sure to get up with Capn' Dave and then go see Mr Redfish and get me and a couple of Soldiers grinnin' again., Steve
Steve Johnson
Pursuit 2470 WA
Atlantic Beach, NC
res0aon5
First Mate

Postby dontcatchmany » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Full moons of August and September are the best times for night time old Drum fishing.
One, Simple, Thanks!
dontcatchmany
Admiral

Postby Rustyone » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:58 pm

dontcatchmany wrote:Full moons of August and September are the best times for night time old Drum fishing.

Steve,

Heed the words of Dontcatchmany. He's got the most misleading screen name on the web. If he says fish when the dogs are howling, take it to the bank.

Make sure you use Lupton Rigs on those old reds and don't lift them, use a fish cradle. Their backs break very easily out of the water. If you put a few guys on old reds, you will have friends and memories for life.

Catch em up!
Looking forward to hearing FISH ON! from a hero.
Cabo 35 Express Sportfish
Doctor's Orders
Rustyone
Admiral

Postby res0aon5 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:13 am

Thanks for all the tips...keep them coming. I need all the help I can get. Cannot continue to rely on beginners luck don't you know. Good tips, good friends, and a boat mechanic that will come out at 5:30 AM on Saturday morning and the formula is almost complete.
Steve Johnson
Pursuit 2470 WA
Atlantic Beach, NC
res0aon5
First Mate

Return to General Chat