Thank You

General Topics

Thank You

Postby dragula65000 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Im sure youve heard it before, and yall will hear it again...but thank you for starting this. I did not get to partake in this event, however being active duty, I know what the hardships are. When I joined and got to Havelock in 1999, yeah Im old too, we were not appreciated. Then Sept 11th happened, and we've been at war since. I will not bore you with details as Im sure yal;l know, or can google it, but it is very nice to know that the local community actually care about the military, and what we do. From my side of the fence, I cant put into words what we go thru, with deploying, having our family apart, and all that. Think of it as leaving your family for 9 months, and only talk to them on the phone once a week. Im sure most of yall have already done this, or at least thought about it. Is it an easy task?> No, not its not. Its honestly terrible, and I dont wish it on anybody, but its the life that we have chosen, and ask nothing in return......nothing. Most of us are humble, as its a job to us, but to you, its more. To each and every single one of you, I personally thank you for making what MAD is today, and I plan to carry it on up here in Virginia. MAD 8 was a complete success, and Im torn as to wether volunteer my boat, or go out as a participant. Not dure, but will probably voluneteer my boat so I can help my fellow brothers and sisters, and get on some fish myself. Also, the majority of the time, things like this are done by former military, and not the civilian sector. Another accomplishment that yall have down, thru hard work, and perseverance. Thank you.
dragula65000
Admiral

Re: Thank You

Postby ScottK » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:03 am

Thanks Bob I am tallying final numbers etc. from our event and I will send you what I use to track all the boats, troops, etc. You need to have someone who is good with document processing and spreadsheets managing your paperwork. It is easy to make mistakes and sometimes the troops register twice and that makes it interesting, but to put it all together and see it unfold on event ay is a great accomplishment.

Start assembling your volunteers now, make up a job listing and plan on having a few extra people for those situations that pop up and you need people for.

I will help as much as I can but in Augist I will be hot into our Southport event and will do the best I can for ya.
Cobia 244 ~ Twin F115's
Through history few have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
ScottK
Admiral

Re: Thank You

Postby dragula65000 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Right now its just me.
dragula65000
Admiral

Return to General Chat