Thanks Everyone!!

General Topics

Thanks Everyone!!

Postby Capt_Rick_NC » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Just got back home here in Apex. Long weekend but we loved every minute of it. Braden had a blast docking boats and unloading fish, I have never cleaned so many fish at one time. This is a good thing, more fish caught increases the troops fun factor and they can go back and let more troops know about MAD. Braden and I are truly blessed to be a little part of this whole gift of giving to those who so freely gave back to us.I want to thank each and everyone of you for a job well done and allowing us to be part of MAD!! :flag

* I am also thankful for the Pork BBQ, hotdogs, burgers, lemonade, hush puppies, slaw, deserts, sweet taters and last but not least he porkchops!!!! :yahoo: :salute:

I'll post some pictures later!

Rick and Braden Gillmor
We are all here because we are not all there!
Capt_Rick_NC
Admiral

Re: Thanks Everyone!!

Postby Rustyone » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Thank you Capt. Rick! You wield a mean fillet knife :salute:

Glad to see the MAD bug has bitten another one. We need more fine folks like you.
Looking forward to hearing FISH ON! from a hero.
Cabo 35 Express Sportfish
Doctor's Orders
Rustyone
Admiral

Re: Thanks Everyone!!

Postby Down Time » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm

X2
This was our first year volunteering the boat. We had three marines on board and boy did we have a great time. Fishing was slow for us but we caught some very nice dolphin, and the heros loved every minute of it. The highlight of the day was also the biggest disappointment. One of our guys was fighting a 15lb mahi and as I pulled the throttle back to give him a little help to shotgun line starts to scream. We all look back and one of the biggest dolphin I have personally seen is headed to the horizon (my brother and I estimate 50 to 60lbs). Just seeing the fish and one of our guys feeling that fish on the other end was enough before the hook pulled. I have already marked next years on the calander because we will be back and put some more heros on the one that got away. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in this and to the service men and women ONE SIMPLE THANKS.

On a side note I would like to throw a Thank You to Olympus Dive Center for supplying our guests and crew with their lunch for the day on the water. Olympus found out what we were doing and on short notice wanted to say thanks as well so they supplied the boat with Subway and drinks
Down Time
Deck Hand

Return to General Chat